Should Brutal Mario be given to Nintendo to be published?
A goal I've had since I found the game, I want to propose Brutal Mario to Nintendo to be officially published as a game.
- Like the Guttenburg Press, publishing Brutal Mario would help spread it to more gamers. More people will know of, and definently, play the game!
- Brutal Mario would provide a bigger challenge to gamers. Nintendo games today seem to be dilialed down in difficulty, though they do have amazing graphics and gameplay. Meanwhile, Brutal Mario has amazing graphics and gameplay AND a good difficulty.
- Downloading unknown files to a computer can be harmful and complicated. If Brutal Mario was published, then it would be instead played on a console, and it would be much safer and easier.
- Brutal Mario would be completely finshed, with an ending and all. Maybe even more... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Any glitch, whether visual or controls, would be completely revised.
Those are my reasons so far. Provide your argument down below, and tell me what you think!
So I've heard a lot of problems that could hinder Brutal Mario's published, but I still believe it can still work out. Here are my counter-arguments:
1. Brutal Mario has a lot of content from several different games made by other companies, which would create legal problems if it was ever published. Counter-argument: As far as I know, these are the games that predominantly appear in Brutal Mario:
- Donkey Kong Country Series
- Kirby Series
- Megaman Series
- Final Fantasy Series
- Chrono Trigger Series
- Secret of Mana Series
Next, here's a list of the companies that made these games respectively:
- HAL Laboratory
- Square Enix
Nintendo has worked with ALL these companies. Currently they are partners with HAL and Capcom, and as of 2015, Square Enix. As for Rare, Nintendo owns DKC, and is continuing the series themselves to this day.
2. Brutal Mario is not Nintendo's own game. They have never accepted another developer's game before. Counter-argument: Nintendo has accepted another company's game in one instance: Nova Logic. They made several games for the Philips CDI. And even though they didn't turn out very well, Brutal Mario will turn out WAY better.